These are just 10 of the many benefits of Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils:
1. Essential oils are small enough in molecular size that they can quickly penetrate the tissues of the skin.
2. Essential oils are lipid-soluble and are capable of penetrating cell membranes, even if the membranes have hardened because of an oxygen deficiency. According to Jean Valnet, MD, essential oils can affect every cell of the body within wo minutes and are then metabolized like other nutrients.
3. Essential oils, according to researchers at the University of Vienna, stimulate blood flow, which increases oxygen and nutrient delivery.
Keep in mind that disease cannot exist in an oxygen-rich environment. Oxygen delivers nutrients to the cells of the body. If a cell has been deprived of oxygen, the cell hardens and nothing can pass in or out. One of the causes of disease in both plants and humans is the inability of nutrients to penetrate the cell. This results in cell deterioration, leads to cell mutation, and creates a host for bacteria and disease. However, essential oils increase the body's ability to transport oxygen into the cells. The lipid-soluble structure of essential oils allows them to easily pass through cell membranes in the nose and diffuse into the bloodstream. Once in the bloodstream, the oils can help transport oxygen and nutrients into the cells.
4. Essential oils are some of the most powerful known antioxidants as determined by the ORAC test developed at Tufts University.
5. Essential oils are anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-infectious, anti-microbial, anti-parasitic, anti-viral, and antiseptic. Some essential oils have been shown to destroy all tested bacteria and viruses.
6. Essential oils may detoxify the cells and blood in the body.
7. Essential oils containing sesquiterpenes, i.e. Frankincense, Sanalwood, Myrrh, Ylang Ylang, have the abitlity to pass the blood-brain barrier, a membrane between circulating blood and the brain.
This membrane prevents certain damaging substances from reaching brain tissue and cerbrospinal fluid. According to the Medical Association, diseases such as M.S., Parkinson's, Lou Gerig's, & Alzheimer's could be treated if an agent were found that could pass the blood brain barrier. In June 1994, it was documented by the medical University at Berlin, Germany, and Vienna Austria, that sesquiterpenes have the ability to go beyond the blood brain barrier.
8. Essential oils are aromatic, and when diffused, may provide air purification by: a) increasing ozone and negative ions in the area b) eliminating odors from cooking, bacteria, mold, animals, and other sources c) filling the air with a fresh, aromatic scent.
9. Clinical research shows that essential oils have the highest frequency of any natural substance known to man, creating an environment in which disease, bacteria, virus and fungus cannot live. Using essential oils on a daily basis helps us to raise our body's frequency.
Bruce Tanio of Tainio Technology developed new equipment to measure frequency of humans and foods. This equipment was used in a research study at Hopkins University to determine the relationship between frequency and disease. In a nutshell this is a chart of his findings:
Processed/Canned Foods - almost 0 Mhz
[Eating a diet of mostly canned or processed food does very little to increase your body's frequency.]
Fresh Produce - up to 15 Mhz
Dry Herbs - 15-22 Mhz
Fresh herbs - 20-27 Mhz
Healthy Body above the neck - 72-78 Mhz
Healthy Body below the nexk - 62-68 Mhz
Below this, the immune systems starts to shut down.
Disease begins at 58 Mhz
Colds start at 58 Mhz
Epstein Barr Virus at 52 Mhz
Cancer begins at 40-50 Mhz
Death Begins at 25 Mhz
Essential Oils have a frequency from 50 all the way up to therapeutic grade Rose Oil having a frequency of 320 Mhz.
10. Essential oils promote emotional, physical, and spirtual well-being.